06 Nov 2015
Another day of waiting. I shall spend as much time as I can stand getting the user database hooked up. I can connect which is good. There is even a half-way functional CMS over on the .org site. What's taking so long is that I want everything done through something called "PDO." My problem is that all my programming experience has been learned via the procedural approach, whereas PDO is completely Object Oriented. Objects and Classes are new territory for me, and I instinctually write procedural code -- it doesn't mesh; I have to back-track until I find the conflict. Forms aren't much fun either. I must sanitize the input, prepare it, and inject it into the database.
Once it's up and running, it will be able to greet registered users by name, based on how and from where they connect. A fool's errand? Perhaps, as I really don't need to keep track of customers -- PayPal handles all transactions and I buy postage through their portal.
BTW - the Big Twins family of sites has grown. Some sites I never did anything with and let expire. About half of the sites are experiments with different code for signing in and registering. As of now, none are hooked up except bigtwins.org/main.php. Most of those with the string "virago" redirect to virago.tech - which may develop into a forum. All those that currently rediredt may become websites of their own as time passes. A partial list:
- Big Twin Some Content
- Bigtwins.co eCommerce
- Bigtwins.org Information
- bigtwins.space Experimental
- bigtwins.us Experimental
- bigtwins.website Experimental
- TR1.co eCommmerce
- tr1.site Redirect to TR1.co
- tr1.space Redirect to TR1.co
- tr1.store Redirect to TR1.co
- tr1.website Redirect to TR1.co
- tr1worldwide.com Being built
- tr1worldwide.org In process
- virago.online Redirect to Bigtwins.co
- virago.site Experimental
- virago.space Experimental
- virago.store Redirect to Bigtwins.co
- virago.tech Forum?
- virago.website Experimental
- viragoforum.tech Redirect to Forum
- viragoonline.org Redirect to Forum
- viragotechforum.site Redirect to Forum
- viragotechforum.space Redirect to Forum
- viragotechforum.website Redirect to Forum
I deleteted the content from most of the domains listed below. Clicking on them will either re-direct or error out. I decided that my time could be better used on a single database - with multiple login paths (tables and rows). I'll start (I think) on bigtwin.org and when I'm satisfied with one, install it here.
May 2018 All Defunct.
This is about half of my domains. The rest have nothing to do with motorcycles except tangentally. Their topics range through politics, religeon, philosophy, bicycle safety, fixing the NFL and the Olympics, and I forget what all else.
14 May 2017